Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Doctor Moo

So my little sister is a freshly-minted moo-cow vet. And she did a fair amount of work with moo-cows in undergrad. I don't know if this is true for people doctors, but animal doctors see a lot of weird and disgusting things on a daily basis...growths, oozings...and then there are the various and sundry smells...and feelings...

Anyhoo, there's a need to vent to another human being all of the gross you have experienced in a day. I am that human being for my sister. And since I cannot find another human being to vent to in person (nobody has said yes yet) I will vent here...so consider yourself warned.

Last night I talked to my sis. She assisted in the birth of twin calves...and the birth of some hideous squishy thing all covered in fur. She called it an amorphous something or other. When she gets going on the grody vet talk she just throws all these medical terms out like "well, there was a wretched oozing derfleeglesploken and I clamped it off" and I just say uh-huh and follow along. This amorphous blob had an umbilical cord attached to it. Apparently at some point it was trying to be a cow. Well, it didn't try hard enough. What it became was, well, let's call it a cow ball, of sorts. It had the cow hair and a blood supply but no feet or udders or soulful brown eyes. It was however slimy and squishy.

Yum yum yum!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Traverso said...

Man! It's like a cowmonculous!

6:57 PM, July 06, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home