Saturday, November 10, 2007

Fixer-Upper

Got my eyebrows waxed for the first time ever today. It was nice, not too painful, and done by someone who went to the same high school I did but graduated 12 years later. Good lord. I got my hair cut, too, and I'm wearing the fab dress KBH gave me and shoes purchased with a gift card from NEE and after the fancy-fance Mamiko and I, who had gotten a similar salon gift card for her birthday and who got her hair cut next to me at the same time, had lunch.

She convinced me to come to her place later and meet some nine foot tall 27 year old Brazilian man who looks like Borat "But in the good way!" Whatever that means. Really he's 6'5" and likes Polacks so score one for me. I'm hoping L will also come over and I'm bringing bundt cake with honey-lemon glaze and toasted almonds that I made last night and a fresh dragonfruit I bought at the fancy cheese shop where I normally buzz through and eat samples without buying a thing. Although today I was tempted to buy a runny cheese that tastes like milk sucked straight from the teat of a cow grazing in an Alpine meadow.

Anyhoo, my plan is to spend no more than two hours with the large Brazilian. I'm in, I'm out, I'm back home to watch A Room With A View, which I just borrowed from friends whose kitties I am watching. (Note to those friends, the kitties are fine, but one of them, and I'm sure you know who, knocked the remote into the kitchen sink.)

It's a beautiful day here in Beantown and I took myself for a nice long walk with my fancy hair, stylin' dress, and manicured brows, a-listenin' to my iPod and feeling right with the world.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could the Brazilian possibly not be enchanted with you McPolack.

4:52 AM, November 12, 2007

 
Blogger Overmatter said...

You should have got a Brazilian bikini wax before you met the Brazilian!

2:57 PM, November 12, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home