Monday, August 25, 2008

Two old men, one young woman, and the sea: Part I

I headed to NH this weekend planning on hiking but as I was heading out for a coffee run with Chauncey the Wonder Corgi (he gets biscuits at the drive-thru) out came PolackPappy asking if I wanted to go fishing with him on his friend Dennis' boat instead.

Dennis is from the small town I grew up in; he used to fix PP's chainsaws and such. He's got a 24-foot Mako that he docks in Great Bay. I've been fishing before several times and really loved it, except for the last time, several years ago, when I got seasick for the first time ever. If you've never been seasick, count your blessings. It sucks. And I knew that if I got seasick again that wouldn't change the fact that we'd be out on the water anywhere from 12 to 14 hours. So I told PP to pick me up some Dramamine when he went out for lunch meat and took one before I went to sleep. I took another as we were motoring out to Jeffreys Ledge but unfortunately it didn't help...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

What works for me are those little patches of something that you stick behind your ears.

1:04 PM, August 25, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home