Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Galoshes

Goodwill has gotten pretty expensive, or maybe it's just that I've been shopping there nearly 20 years (yikes) and prices do go up, even at thrift stores. It could also be that I have been so broke lately that I cannot afford to shop even there.

The latter is why I was pissed at myself, initially, for forking over 10 bucks (!) for a pair of rain boots some weeks back. I don't have 10 dollars to spend on something so frivolous.

As anyone who lives in New England could probably guess, I have been wearing nothing but those rain boots.

OK, I have also been wearing clothes.

In other McPolack news, I have very little time for anything these days. And I am cranky. It's not a PMS cranky neitha. It's more of a festering cranky cold sore. For example today I finally went back to my usual yoga studio to take the last class I had left on my class card. It was really windy and rainy. Does anyone make an umbrella for less than 20 bucks that can withstand, say, a chihuahua sneezing on it without blowing back and breaking? No. I had to tilt the umbrella into the wind but lift it every few seconds to make sure I wasn't going to run into anybody. And could the wind blow in just one motherf*&*ing direction? No. Stupid wind.

So I'm walking and trying to move my umbrella with the wind and be mindful of strangers and of cars and I'm thinking, wow, this is really Buddhist-I am so living in the moment. Only the moment sucked. It was like: Suck. Suck. Suck. Suck. Suck. Suck. And repeat.

Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home