Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Sleepy

I've been feeling this weird exhaustion lately. Went to bed last night at 9:30 and had the lights out by 10:30, then got up still feeling really tired this morning. Had my coaching call at 7:30, then ran, then grocery-shopped, then picked up a little, and then had to take a nap because I felt so wiped out. Now I'm finishing up my copyediting test and my eyes feel bleary. I thought maybe I was coming down with something but my only symptoms have been that I'm sleepy. I've definitely been super-emotional too, kind of on a hair trigger, and had been having lots of self-doubt (I'm done with that) and strange dreams (not sure I'm done with that one yet).

One dream in particular stood out for me: After getting in trouble for not writing something I got on a bus with a college friend I haven't seen in years. We were driving through rural Vermont and on the shores of Lake Champlain there were geese, lots of geese, and they were being slaughtered by these hound dogs -- some sort of new goose control plan, according to my friend in the dream. Then I was on the shore with a family and the family was out to kill the geese. I was instructed not to let any of the babies get away. I turned around and covered my ears but still couldn't drown out the mother of the family shouting "Why can't they just die" as the goose she shot was screaming.

Needless to say, I should not like to have that dream again. Yipes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Tired, and weird dreams?? Hmm... Any chance you have a little McPolack in the oven?? Just kidding.. I hope you're feeling better!! :)

6:05 PM, April 18, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

At this point, xianfern, it would have to be the immaculate conception because I'm coming up on 2 years of no lovin'. But perhaps I am pregnant with some sort of metaphysical child. Thanks for the note!

6:18 PM, April 18, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home