Friday, April 07, 2006

Well, lah-dee-dah

hi all.

currently posting from within the downtown Boston Sheraton. I came into town last night to meet JoyceFrances, who is staying at the Westin but working a yoga conference in the Sheraton, and it turned out the only person who could help her had an emergency. So instead I am helping her. I stayed with her in her room last night. It was the fanciest place I've ever stayed (which isn't saying much). It's more than 200 bucks a night -- and though they say in their ads that the beds are "heavenly" both I and Joyce found them a bit more hellish, and got only 5 hours of sleep each. Jf did let me take all the travel size bath products though and she also made sure noone was looking at breakfast while I slipped the wee jam jars in from the table into my pockets. She's a great lady.

What I'm liking about the whole experience is that it's real bartering. She's paying for my dinner (Figs on Charles Street last night; Sage in the North End tonight) and giving me some free nights at the yoga retreat center she works for. Meanwhile I get to run around downtown Boston in some stretchy purple pants, a stretchy blue top, and sneakers. I also have braids in my hair.

It goes without saying that there are people with amazing bodies at this conference but oddly enough I am not feeling so bad about my own today. Even in lycra. Go figure.

In other McPolack news, I have a job interview on Monday. Which would normally you'd think be a reason to rejoice. But I have a bad feeling about it. I can't quite put my finger on why -- maybe it's because I'm having such a positive experience today, and am starting to realize that life for me just feels right if I have a lot of different jobs, as opposed to just one? Also, the job is in Rockland which I think might be pretty far away from me, and doesn't pay all that well. But, the manager contacted me (he saw my resume on Monster; I didn't apply) and was very forthcoming with answers to all my questions. So I'm going to chat with him. Ideally I would want to work from home at least a few days a week and I don't know if this is a possibility either. I just know that I don't have any space left emotionally for another crappy job blow. And afraid of having my soul sucked out of me. Yee-ugh.

But for now it's back to the yogis! After I pick up an iced coffee, of course. A side bonus of being in a city conference center on the weekday would have to be all the hot uptight suits. Yummy!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home