Monday, April 03, 2006

I posted this one mainly for its last sentence

Since I don’t want to spend all that gas money and time driving to Concord on Saturday morning for my therapy appointment and then driving home only to drive back on Sunday morning to go shopping, I will have to stay the night. Normally this is not a problem; it’s not like I have spent every night of my thirties hanging out with my parents (although, to be fair, I have spent more nights than most). But this weekend my parents are hosting prayer group with what my mother refers to as the Super-Catholics. They’re hardcore and Republican and I don’t know any of them. If I stay home I will have to hang out in the back room watching tv alone. And I don’t want to feel like the loser man-less, job-less, thunder-thighed-thirtysomething daughter lurking behind a closed door like the hunchback of Notre-no-life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home