Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ah, loveliness

Today was potentially a depressing one as I had to give up the dream of ever going back to the large 'n fancy consulting firm, by returning the laptop to them. I kept thinking they'd call, but, like an errant boyfriend, they just weren't that into me.

Still it was gah-geous out today. Sunny and 50 degrees by 8:45 in the morning. I started my day off with a run, then met a friend at the consulting firm for lunch at a picnic table in the sun, where I ate cheese and crackers and pretzels and fruit and chocolate. Then I went a-visitin', making my way through the halls and chatting with friends I'd made. Alas none of them are far enough up the food chain to help me in my job search, but they are lovely just the same. After my visit I grabbed some coffee, rode the bus home, farted around, ate more cheese and crackers, and will go for another run in about an hour with a friend from the consulting firm. Then, why, I think I'll eat some ravioli for dinner!

Tomorrow I'm off to Peterborough to donate some items to my favorite thrift shop and do some more visiting. I wish visiting could be my job. I like being social.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

I hope I get to see you. And hang in there. Good things will come your way soon.

5:09 PM, March 30, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

OSB and I are having lunch and going for a walk -- perhaps you could join us for the walk? I'm getting to town at around 11.

5:58 PM, March 30, 2006

 
Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

yes! Gimme a call when you get in and I'll engineer an escape.

10:16 PM, March 30, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

will do, c!

7:12 AM, March 31, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home