Monday, March 20, 2006

Surprise!

I was sitting on the sofa Saturday night at the McPolack family homestead, (where I had retreated to visit with OSB and her baby and also because I was feeling sad and lonely) eating some jellybeans and watching a show about little people marathon on the boob tube with McMumsy.

After commenting on how messy the home of the little people was and listening to me talk about how great I thought their family dynamics were, McMumsy said "There must be something wrong with them. There must be dirt somewhere. Hand me my computer."

I gave it to her and took out my own. I couldn't pick up the wi-fi signal so after McMumsy came up with no dirt on the small family I borrowed her computer so I could check my email and my blog.

Imagine my suprise when I type "McPolack" in to the address line and see a line of posts stretching to the bottom of the screen..."McMumsy," I said, looking at her sideways. "Have you been reading my blog?"

A giggle escaped from my dear mother. Yes, she had "stumbled upon it" while googling the words "Dr." and "Moo."

Uh-huh.

"So why didn't you tell me you were reading it?" I asked her. She responded that she'd decided to stop and so why bother telling me she'd read it at all. When I asked her what she thought of the blog, she said she'd found "Nothing surprising" in it.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger McPolack said...

Those are to weed out vile spambots, which place unwanted advertising in blogs.

2:36 PM, March 20, 2006

 
Blogger Teri said...

Eek! My father is the only person I purposely haven't told about my blog. I know he would be pleased to get the serial Tessa updates, but I know if I told him about it I would edit myself like crazy. In reality though, I'd probably tell him about it, he'd look at it one time and that would be it. (ala "That's nice, dear.")

My mom does read my blog, but it's different. I can talk about anything with her so I don't need to edit. Just can't write about her.

Y'know, being a mom now, I can't imagine NOT wanting to read my daughter's blog. It confuses me sometimes how apathetic my parents (mostly dad) seem about my creative life. Oh well!

7:23 AM, March 21, 2006

 
Blogger Unknown said...

My mom would surely disown me, or at the very least have a huge confrontation with me, if she ever read my blog.. Luckily she has no computer, and doesn't know about "blogging".. phew!

6:41 PM, March 21, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

McMumsy and I don't have the sort of relationship where we share everthing, at least not in terms of feelings. She was the first person I called when I lost my virginity, though.

7:20 AM, March 23, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home