Monday, March 27, 2006

I seem to be attracting

all the wrong types. While in VT this weekend, a horsey came running to the edge of his fence as JoyceFrances, Tess the Wonder Hound, and I walked by. I went over and scratched his nose. JF started laughing and pointing. I looked down to see that the had become, er, excited by my scratchings. Ick.

Then this morning (unlike the above, this falls into the NTTAWWT territory) I am pretty sure I was hit on by a girl at the gym. I work out in the women-only room because sometimes my shorts ride up and I just prefer to not be around grunting sweaty men who smell of beef and cheese. There are copies of The Advocate in the magazine rack in the room from time to time and I recently noticed a new girl, probably in her twenties, with white-blond hair with a blue streak in it, pulled back into pigtails (much like I style my hair) working out and glancing over at me. Today as I was moving to another machine she approached me and very nervously and awkwardly asked if I'd like to use the machine she was on. She was stumbling all over her words and then called me "power woman" probably in reference to the high weight I lift. I got the distinct feeling she had the hots for me, if only because she stumbled all over herself much like I do when I am around a man I find attractive.

I was flattered. But how does one in a non-awkward manner let another person know your toast isn't buttered on the same side as hers?

I don't know. I suppose I should be glad I'm getting at least some sort of attention, even if it's from the wrong species or gender. Spring has certainly arrived.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

Here's what to do: ask her out for coffee, tell her you're straight but want to be friends, and take it from there. She might be the one that introduces you to "the one", after all, and one can never have too many friends anyways.

1:44 PM, March 27, 2006

 
Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

PS: This is exactly what happened when I met S, whom I later introduced to BC at my b'day party... remember?

1:45 PM, March 27, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home