Friday, March 31, 2006

Girly

Much though I like to brag about what an outdoorsy, au naturel person I am, unafraid to poke unidentified objects with sticks and pee in the forest, a look at the sheer number of products involved in my daily toilette says otherwise:

1. Shower: Shampoo, one of two to choose from.
2. Conditioner, one of three
3. Soap. I've got two kinds of liquid and three bars plus a scrub plus one specifically for my feet and one specifically for my face.
4. Once I am out of the shower: Body lotion. I think I might have 8 different kinds.
5. Facial moisturizer
6. Leave-in hair conditioner
7. Styling cream
8. Deodorant
9. Perfume
9. Concealer, powder, blush, mascara

And this is what I use even if I am not leaving the house. I used to also use shave gel instead of soap, and also eye cream. Oh, and the aforementioned ass cream. At one point I even had decollete cream that smelled of jasmine, but it made me break out. If they started making individual moisturizers for each body part, and they were on sale, and I had a 2 for 1 coupon, I might buy 'em. The only part of my body I don't soften and perfume to within an inch of its life (with the exception of course of the nether regions) would be my feet, because I like 'em tough.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i use soap. ivory. for hair and body. i also use clubman bay rum aftershave (straight from the manly barbershop) or old spice when i'm at my camp (so i can smell like my grampa).

9:25 AM, March 31, 2006

 
Blogger Teri said...

Ah, one of my favorite topics! I so feel the love. We share the same philosophy on personal care. I used to work for a skin care company and enjoyed the full spectrum of high end personal care products...but now that we're a single income fam I am really slummin' it in the toilette.

Turns out I have so much to say about this, I had better write my own post about it. Stay tuned!

(I know you'll be losing sleep over it!)

2:03 PM, March 31, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

sir loins, I remember feeling bad for your wife when I heard you only let her use Ivory soap. I don't know if I could give up my skin care regimen for a man!

teri, I'm going to go look for your post now...so I don't lose sleep
: )

7:41 PM, March 31, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, my wife can use whatever she wants... i like to keep myself "pure"...

well, i was allergic to a lot of soap and stuff when i was a kid, so i stick to the simple stuff...

7:51 PM, April 01, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home