Monday, April 03, 2006

Blah

So I am back in the coffee shop – a window seat today, yee-haw! – working on the book but thought I’d do a blog post first to get the creative juices flowing.

It’s super therapy week for me – tonight I have my coaching call and I set up a meeting on Saturday with the woman who has been my therapist by name on and off for the last 17 years (but who is really now much more mentor and friend, and who was integral in helping me save my own life) because things have been rocky for me lately; despite my cheery posts I’ve had some bad days. I’ve just been doubting myself, a lot, and feeling overweight and ugly and loserish. Wondering where my ship is and when it is coming in. It’s hard when you’re doing everything right and nothing is changing.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if i may, i'd like to point out that the fact that you're doing everything right means that everything already is changed, and that's something for which you should be proud, and congratulated.

so, cheers.

cb

7:25 PM, April 03, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

thanks!

and re-reading my writing I think that perhaps the better sentence might be "doing everything right to the best of my ability"

(also I now think I sound whiny)

but yes, I am much improved.

8:43 PM, April 03, 2006

 
Blogger Amy Traverso said...

You don't sound whiny. You sound honest and thoughtful and elegant.

9:29 PM, April 03, 2006

 
Blogger Regina said...

A big "amen sister friend!" from me and my NC chicas. For some reason, this time of year can be worse than the holidays.

PS - I realize that confirmation that you are not alone in these thoughs may or may not be helpful. Especially when it's coming from someone who is considered a mental wildcard...but for what it's worth, ya done good!

4:57 PM, April 04, 2006

 
Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

I second Amy and anonymous. The fact that you are doing everything right is in itself a wonderful thing. The good life will catch up sooner or later, and unlike "A Million Little Pieces", all the troubles in your book and the overcoming of them will be true.

10:01 AM, April 05, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home