Monday, July 23, 2007

Did you know...

...that back in 2004, six short hours before he was due to step on stage in front of thousands to accept an award for coming back from retirement to save the company, the CEO of McDonald's dropped dead of a heart attack?

But wait, there's more! The board meets early in the morning and decides to appoint the CEO's protege, a man in his 40's, as CEO. Soon after, he gets colon cancer and is dead in less than a year.

That's what I done learnt today in transcription-land. Well that and the long list of accomplishments of the folks I was transcribing. Honestly it's as if the top 1% of the brains in the nation contain 98% of the smarts. I was joking with my officemates about what our intros would sound like: Here is Lydia M. She just went to a memorial service for a homeless man who used to wear a sandwich board that said "I need weed" and died in a tragic scooter crash! Or how about Ginger G., whose boyfriend took said homeless man in for three weeks! Then there's McPolack. She lives alone with her kitty and her main accomplishment is that she just keeps getting older!

OK I'm kidding about that last one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home