Sunday, July 22, 2007

Tammy Faye Messner, RIP

I was just talking about TFM yesterday with New England Eating, nee California Eating, as we took a tour of some farmers markets in the area -- a working Saturday for her and a real treat for me, especially when we got to the combination pita bakery/grocery store up the street from the one in Roslindale, with its barrels of cheap, fantastic, delicious olives and its pretty apricot paste.

I saw Tammy Faye on Larry King on Thursday; I'd seen her when she first announced she had cancer 16 months earlier. I don't know whether it was the fact that she was so nice to gay people or the fact that she was all chin up all the time that made me feel for her, but I did. She was one kooky little coconut but a sweet one and I'm sorry she had to suffer so. I wish her and her family peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home