Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Dinner

Tonight I had more people in my house than I had chairs at my dining room table. As I only have four chairs for the table, only two of which match, one of which I found in the basement, and one of which I got for free from two of this evening's guests (California Eating and Cinema Tech) before they moved to California, from whence they recently returned, I sat at a rocking chair at the head of the table.

It was a good meal. I felt a smidge nervous as I was introducing friends I've made since CE and CT were away in California to them and vice-versa and I wanted everyone to really like each other as I really like all of them. I felt a little shy. Plus my grand designs for having ice cream cones with Magic Shell on them for dessert didn't quite go over as planned. But everyone stayed late and seemed to have a really swell time, and got along swimmingly. I did feel a little bad about having them sweat it out in the kitchen for a while before moving to the living room and turning on the AC but hey, global warming.

: )

2 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

Lovely meal.

And a confession: I once ate half a bottle of Magic Shell, squirted over a bowl of ice cubes.

12:10 AM, July 18, 2007

 
Blogger Amy Traverso said...

I had a lovely time (sorry about how babbly I was -- jet lag). And how yummy was the food? Very yummy.

7:38 PM, July 20, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home