Thursday, July 05, 2007

Buried

Would be what I am in work right now. Deadline's a-looming. Part of my process is the avoidy dance. Step one: sit in front of computer with coffee and fatty scone. Fart around on internet. Step two: write a half page. Step three: go for run, take shower. Step four: sit at computer and dither and write another half page. Step five: go get iced coffee, then watch the fledged chimney sweeps that have been chittering in the chimney behind me practice flying -- neat! Step six: watch 30 minutes General Hospital. Step seven: write some more.

And so on. I wish I were a little writing machine and I could press on my nose and the story would just pour forth from my fingers. Alas that is not how it is, at least not all the time. But I know I've got all the info and it's going to be fab.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

I heard that, sister. Me, too.

I may be on deadline through the weekend, which is why I probably can't drive too far.... Good for you for getting it done in spite of it all!

11:12 PM, July 05, 2007

 
Blogger Teri said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:08 AM, July 06, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home