Thursday, June 28, 2007

Tubby, tubby, tubby tank. Tubby tank-tank.

That would be one of the songs I sing to my kitty. At the moment she is sprawled out across the floor close to me, sleeping, and exposing an enormous amount of fuzzy bunny belly. She's only a pound overweight but she's got a lot of fur. I sing that song to her while scratching her belly. I know she likes it because she kneads her front paws.

I've got a second story assignment from one of my contacts -- which is great news! Of course as you might recall, the last one was 600 words to be written quickly around Memorial Day. Now its 1200 to 1500 in less time and, say, it's the fourth of July next week! So I wonder if I do great on this one, too, does it mean a 48 hour turnaround for 5,000 words on the day before Thanksgiving?

In all honesty, I'm glad, really, really glad for the work because I feel like it's a recognition that I'm on the right path. Oh, and it pays cash money.

As an aside to my dear friend AT, congratulations on your new job!!! Of course I will come and eat many meals with you. And I just saw Sir C-B's babysitter at Diesel; she said he was sprawled across her kitchen counter when she left, and was feeling fine.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home