Thursday, June 14, 2007

Spies Like Us

I've got an analytics tool I use to track visitors to my site...it doesn't give me a ton of information, but it lets me know how many unique visitors I get a day - usually around 50 or so - and where those visitors are from, both by global and by network location.

Well lo and behold today I find out this site has been visited in the last month or so by the US State Department and the Department of Homeland Security. Now neither of these visitors stayed long enough to register even a second of time looking at the page, so I imagine I was just pinged by some sort of search program, but still -- spooky! Homeland Security visited the day I talked about the Democratic debate -- I'm sure they've marked McMumsy and my Aunt Peggy as subversive troublemakers, :) -- but I can't really figure out why the State Department was here on the 21st of May.

Anyhoo, if you ever want to make yourself sick to your stomach about the state of privacy in this nation, including on the Internet, you should watch this episode of Frontline.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Holy Shit!!

6:26 PM, June 14, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home