Monday, June 04, 2007

Stinky McStinkpants

Ah, me.

So yesterday dawned with me and the second architect on the road bright and early, headed out to climb one of the hills of NH. He showed up at my door wearing what looked like a pith helmet but what turned out to be a piece of what beekeepers wear.

No (cough) big deal there.

The big deal is that I think yesterday his day that was spent on one of the harbor islands in Boston sweating a lot and swimming, possibly naked, with the other person he's seeing.

OK, no, the BIGGER deal is that he did not bother to take a shower after all of that. It was hot in Boston yesterday, hot and humid, and he was on a boat and then he was riding his bike everywhere and swimming in the ocean and then it was back on the boat and lord knows what else.

He smelled.

Also when I thanked him for getting up so early he said "Well I really wanted to go hiking." As opposed to any mention of wanting to see me.

He did pay for some gas and offered me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and mentioned he'd told a friend of his about me. And he commented on how pretty my fuzzy duckling kitty is and she let him pat her. I don't want to hang him out to dry. But the bathing thing? -- honestly.

Oh, then when we got home (after he mentioned he doesn't like driving by way of explaining how he didn't offer to drive for any of the 5 hours we were on the road) he immediately went into my bathroom, STANK IT UP (I have matches and spray, neither of which were used) and left. With no kissing. I had to hug him. I did not get the sense he was embarrassed by the, uh, toilette episode.

And THEN after he left I got on the phone and there was nobody home for me to talk to! Dr. Moo was on call, OSB was probably asleep, and McMumsy was off gallivanting around at the Democratic debate in Manchvegas.

I don't know. Maybe I'm being ridiculous and mean for even writing this. I still feel like there's possibility there, even after all this. But another part of me is sad and still another mad, and that one wants to keep the hundred dollar sunglasses he left in my kitchen (I made cream ginger scones and Americanos for breakfast and he hemmed and hawed over paying for my coffee and doughnut at DnD on the way back) as payment for putting up with him.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH - Ugh. He definitely should have showered! god I don't know...on the one hand I say don't write him off just yet, but on the other hand I hate cheap people! Definitely let him make the next move and you keep looking for that boy that will give you a tingle in your belly!

10:41 AM, June 04, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think there is a tiny voice inside you saying 'ditch him' and i think you should listen to it.

11:44 AM, June 04, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, that's all I can say, just hmmmm. Unshowered man, not good.

11:55 AM, June 04, 2007

 
Blogger Amy Traverso said...

Aw crap. Well, you have very good instincts and I know you can trust your gut. I just wish he had been a slam dunk.

11:59 AM, June 04, 2007

 
Blogger Overmatter said...

The good part is that you are back in the game. NEXT!

1:38 PM, June 04, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, either

a) he wants you to get to know what's he's like

or

b) just wait until you find out what he's really like

7:42 PM, June 04, 2007

 
Blogger Teri said...

You are so precious. I heartily echo carmen's thought. :)

10:49 PM, June 04, 2007

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Thanks, all!

xoxo
McP

7:31 AM, June 05, 2007

 
Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

DTMFA, Mcpolack.
We do not want to see skid marks again.

12:09 PM, June 05, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home