Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Aargh

Just got off the phone with the second architect. I had asked him to go hiking on Sunday. He hemmed and hawed his way around the fact that there is someone else he likes only he hasn't asked her out yet but he's going to but he still wants to go hiking and feels weird about going out with two women at the same time.

Well of course I would SO prefer to be in his shoes with more than one man I am interested in but alas I am not. This doesn't really make me all that comfortable but then if I get more offers of dates from other men I like I will (and was planning) on going on them.

I did get that he does find me attractive and interesting and I assured him that the fact that we are hiking on Sunday does not mean that we are also getting married on Sunday.

That's next Sunday.

Kidding!

But honestly it hurt, in that icky deep way romantic pain hurts to hear he wasn't all about me. Still and all I'm forging forward and staying cool.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Oh, i hear you honey. But screw him. You deserve to be the only one. xo

12:58 AM, May 30, 2007

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with Teri.. you definitely deserve to be the only one. Poor McP! That sucks, but keep your chin up.. and your options open! ;)

1:44 PM, May 30, 2007

 
Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

I disagree with the ladies. Dating is like playing musical chairs. It sucks rocks, but it is what it is. BTW, I miss you tons, McP! And I love you too.

4:07 PM, May 30, 2007

 
Blogger Overmatter said...

Sure, you're supposed to date lots of people in the beginning. Three dates is too soon for the "so are we exclusive?" conversation. HOWEVER, I don't like that he's sharing all these details with you and hemming and hawing and treating you like his therapist. He should leave it at, "I want to be up front with you, so I'll let you know that right now I'm seeing other people, too." He doesn't need to tell you the details of LIKING someone he hasn't even dated yet! That's just annoying.

11:50 PM, May 30, 2007

 
Blogger McPolack said...

I'm with you, Carmen, ESPECIALLY about the therapist part. I do not want to have to TELL the architect all about how it is OK to date. It's irritating.
And part of me is with the ladies. Boo I don't want him dating anyone else. In an ideal world they're all pining for me.

And Gil I agree about the musical chairs thing and I love you and miss you too...look at me, welcoming of everyone...I am the Unitarian Church of bloggers.

Anyhoo, thanks, everyone, for the opinions and support!
xoxo
mcp

8:04 AM, May 31, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home