Thursday, May 24, 2007

P.U.

A couple days ago I somehow ended up on a wild shopping trip. I got some Weleda baby oil because it was on clearance, some Stroopwafels, and some Tilsit cheese. I got the cheese because it looked pretty and wasn't too pricey.

Then I brought the cheese home and put it in the fridge and noticed my fingers were stinky. Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly stinky. The aroma was a mixture of stuff you hack up from the back of your throat mixed with feet and funky, let's say, beaver musk. But in a sort of a pleasant way. Like a car accident way where you know you shouldn't look but you look anyway, but less violent. I kept sniffing my fingers. I patted my cat and then she smelled like the cheese for hours. When I opened my fridge, I could smell the cheese, even through its plastic wrap and the cheese drawer it was shut in.

It was and is one hard-working cheese. I imagined it sitting in my drawer in my fridge, clenching all its cheese-y muscles and then just stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinking. When I took the little overachiever out of the fridge and opened the plastic wrap up I was nearly blown across the room!

Luckily the taste wasn't as pungent as the smell. It's certainly a cheese you should eat in small doses. And smell in smaller doses, still.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home