Saturday, May 26, 2007

Oh my

So.

The third date with the second architect.

Left me confused.

We had a pic-a-nick on a lawn in the city and then went to a small club to hear some live music. I told him a bit about my past relationships and FOR GODS SAKES, I got a little leaky. As in, all of a sudden, I was crying. Just a smidge. A few tears. It was this weird, unbidden, out of my own control emotional response.

Then he told me his best friend is a former girlfriend who he broke up with after a weirdly and scarily aggressive snowball fight and now she thinks she's a lesbian. He's off on a trip with her right now and still in love with her but they work better as friends.

Now the practical part of me, the one I get from McMumsy, thought "Well she has got to go."

But honestly, it doesn't really bother me that much. I don't really know why. Maybe because I just need for things to go slowly, more slowly than I realized until I got into this dating thing, number one, and number two, people are just complex and messy and imperfect and so are relationships. And number three, it was just our third date. Not our 27th or our 50th or anything like that. OK and number FOUR my gut tells me it's OK and not to worry.

I'll see him again. I hugged him for a bit on the train platform before leaving and at the end of the pic-a-nic he was sitting kind of close and I liked it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Traverso said...

I think that's very wise. People are complicated, feelings don't resolve neatly, and all you can do right now is collect information. It may well be that he was just looking for a reason to finally let this one go, once and for all...

1:32 PM, May 26, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home