Monday, July 02, 2007

Eating a jelly doughnut in heaven


This picture of Babcia was taken just under a year ago, a month and a half after her 90th birthday. (whoops, apparently if I just looked at the time stamp and realized it was 2007 I'd know it was three years ago and therefore she was 88...)

Last night I was driving to dinner with Dr. Moo and I complained to her I was upset we weren't burying her until September. "Babcia died?" she said. Oops.

She's OK too though. We're all OK. Including my wacky Uncle J who, when McMumsy called to tell him about Babcia's passing, said "Well I'm sure she and R are sharing a drink in heaven."

Yes that would be the R who drank himself to death on Wednesday.

God I love my family. The only correction I had was that Babcia wouldn't be having a drink. She'd be having a jelly doughnut.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! But I'm glad you're OK. And I'm delighted by this picture, which shows in her face (as you already have shown) what a bad-ass, kick-ass, firecracker of a lady your Babcia was. Love to your family.

12:52 PM, July 02, 2007

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Thanks, Carmen. She was one amazing lady.

10:00 AM, July 03, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear McPolack:
I happened on your blog trying to find an obit for Ciocia Tessie. She was my godmother and as it turned out I was out of the country when she passed and my brother decided to hold off telling me until I returned. Needless to say I was very sad to hear of her death, but pleased to hear she died as she lived - filled with life. Your photo of her reminds me of her gusty, infectious laugh - she was the best of godmothers.
I shall miss her.
Stas

11:37 PM, August 19, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home