Thursday, August 30, 2007

A new way to work...

So last night whilst watching a swell documentary film I noticed one woman in the flick, a playwright, showed "the magic" of writing plays. She has a kitchen timer next to her computer. She sets it for 50 minutes and for those 50 minutes she works. Then she sets it for 10. Those 10 minutes are for her to think things like "Who the f$#@ do I think I am? I'm no writer. Ooo, I suck. And I have a fat ass." OK the fat ass bit comes from me.

Also she'll clean in those 10 minutes.

I've done four of those blocks today. It does feel more effective to me than just going full-on which for me and my ADD can mean just 15 to 20 minutes of work out of an hour.

I'm starting on my next 50-minuter now. Cheers!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like A Good Plan and one I should adopt - I am dreadful at sticking at working at my desk.

7:10 PM, August 30, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home