Friday, August 17, 2007

Oh, Come ON!

So yesterday I met L for breakfast at the coffee shop near my house, a place I've sat in solo many a time (tho not so much recently). As L surveyed the room, she said "Oh, come on, you must get hit on here a lot."

Um, not so much. Not at all, ever, actually.

I did, however, get approached in the drugstore tonight. I was wandering the lotions aisle, looking for 75% clearance items when a mildy creepy, pale, construction worker/drug addict type in his 40's approached me. "Can I ask you something?" he said. "Um, OK," I said, worried that what was going to come next would be something icky and weird.

Which, of course, it was. He said his mother had a urinary tract infection and where did he go to get medicine for that? He didn't want to ask the ladies at the counter. OK, so you approach me? I led him over to the general genital trouble section of the store but told him I thought his mom really needed to see a doctor.

2 Comments:

Blogger Overmatter said...

Is it Diesel? Because, you know, it's not a great place to meet men....

11:00 PM, August 17, 2007

 
Blogger Unknown said...

That IS creepy, but aren't you such a sweetheart to help him out, and suggest that his mother see a dr!

10:18 AM, August 20, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home