Sunday, August 12, 2007

Work/Life Balance

So I didn't end up going to the beach with Dr. Moo and her pals yesterday, mainly becuase I realized that one of the tradeoffs of being able to work from home is that you can't necessarily run off having fun, even if it's a Saturday, especially if you went to NH on a Thursday and stayed over, which I did, visiting cuarentayuno and helping him clean out his storage unit, for which I was rewarded handsomely (as in, free printer/fax/photocopier machine, which I needed for the work from home thing, plus crampons -- ! -- plus a couple of his drawings, plus a bunch of swell dishes and, curiously enough, some pointy-titted figurines).

Anyhoo, I left NH at around 3 on Friday, after a morning with OSB and her daughter, followed by an afternoon of doing a dump run in one of OSB's husband's giant trucks, which made OSB and I feel like big studs to be tooling around town in, and fed the kitty I am cat-sitting. Then it was time for yoga, after which I unpacked my car and then watched Before Sunset, which I enjoyed even though skinny-ass, Uma-Thurman-leaving manboob Ethan Hawke skeeved me out.

Long story short I had too much to do to have much fun this weekend. I'm missing Medal Day at MacDowell, although I did watch one of the film's the honoree made on Thursday night in Peterborough, but there's a sweet part-time research job I need to apply for, transcribing to do, plus unpacking and cleaning and other assorted chores.

So it's all good.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home