Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Al Gore Loves Me

It's been fun to feel all self-satisfied as I watch various friends hop on the bandwagon of trying to stop global warming by doing things I, who came of age in granola crunchy hippie dippie birkenstock-wearing Vermont, have been doing all along. The stink of patchouli is now cool (well maybe that's going a little far), as is hanging your laundry out to dry and recycling and driving a car that doesn't suck up the gas - things I, McPolack, have been doing for years.

Of course while I've been concerned about the planet, I've also been poor. I drive a car that doesn't guzzle gas because gas costs money and I don't even own a clothes dryer, not to save the snowmen but because the sun is free. Also it's hotter than ever thanks to the global warming that's already occurred, which makes the outdoor drying more efficient -- a benefit that perhaps Shrub should start talking about.

What can I say? I'm a trendsetter and a policy wonk.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laundry that's dried on the line has just the Best Scent Ever. For that reason alone, not to mention the waste of energy, I will not own a clothes dryer.

4:09 PM, August 01, 2007

 
Blogger McPolack said...

It does smell fabulous, doesn't it? Plus it makes your whites whiter. Ah, sunshine.

12:52 PM, August 02, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home