Monday, September 01, 2008

Two old men, one young woman, and the sea: Fini

...I caught a keeper! It was a fine haddock, maybe eight pounds, of which only two or so were fillet. But the rest gets eaten by other creatures; nothing goes to waste. It takes a surprising amount of arm strength to reel in even a fish of that size -- I got a bruise on one forearm where the pole was pressing against it. PolackPappy was very proud of me. Want to know how I could tell? Of course you do. He yelled back to D that I had caught the fish Polack-style, because when my arms got tired I somehow managed to twist myself into a pretzel yet continue to reel. Also I got so excited I started yelling "I'm going to eat you, fishie! I'm going to eat you!"

And eat him I did, with a salt, pepper, and cornmeal crust. I had four friends over to share in the feast. He was delicious.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home