Monday, October 13, 2008

Why God, why?

First Rupert the muntjac and now Dennis the sea cow have broken my heart a little.

Whereas Rupert's adorableness factor was all doe-eyed wee-ness, Dennis' allure lay in something about the barnacles and flowy moss that grew on his back, combined with his snorty-snorting, then further combined with the way he moved...all oxymoronic blubber-lumbering grace.

I am inspired to write a haiku in his memory!

Great cow of the South...ah, screw it.

Dennis, you were blobby and covered in growths both prickly and soft. You made grumpy-sounding snorty sounds. You were the Wilford Brimley of the deep, only if I were diabetic I would heed your gruff warnings to check my blood sugar but not resent you for them. Also, I would have enjoyed giving you kisses.

Wilford Brimley, not so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home