Monday, November 17, 2008

Church Lady

Well I have continued going to church pretty much every week since the start of Lent. I figure if I am asking God for help, the least I can do in return is show up for an hour once a week. This past week it was all about sharing what you have with the world and not squirreling it away. It's a good message and one that resonated with me, especially since I found myself identifying with the person in the Gospel who got sent to the naughty chair. Long story short, regardless of how much or little you have, you should share it. And in my experience, whenever I am feeling particularly low on anything, going out and giving some of that thing away causes it to come back, quickly, in multiples. Yet the less I have of something, the less inclined I am to share. Because I am freaked out that I'll end up with nothing. And because there's still part of me that doubts all this. I think that's healthy, to a degree. Blind faith isn't faith at all.

Anyhoo, that's just one of the things I've been ruminating on.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good rumination.

11:47 AM, November 18, 2008

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Thank you, thursday!

8:37 PM, November 18, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home