Thursday, May 27, 2010

Commence

'Twas graduation day at the large 'n fancy university, and Christiane Amanpour, Meryl Streep and David Souter were around. As I work on the backside of campus I didn't really see too much, though there was a steady parade of grads and their families on their way from lunch to the afternoon ceremony.

To be perfectly honest, I sat for a couple of minutes watching the students and felt sad, deeply sad. For myself. For a lot of reasons. I try not to wallow in dour stew but it does a girl no better to ignore when there's a pot of it on the stove.

College graduation is a time of such promise and hope for people, but time hurries on.

Immediately after leaving the scene of all that power and wealth being unleashed on the world, I headed to Market Basket, which is less than two miles away geographically but light years away in many other aspects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home