Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Well then

I was going through some old catalogs at the large-'n-fancy university today when I came across a place that sells dissection materials. You can buy trays, and bugs in plastic, and sad-looking dead birds.

You can also buy kitties. :(. I flipped through the catalog without really looking at the pictures because I suspected they sold dead kitties. In fact they sell peeled dead kitties. I read the description, which actually made me feel a little better about the whole operation. They buy them pre-euthanized from the Humane Society. I did not find out how they skinned them (although as we all know there is more than one way, wocka wocka wocka) because that would have required opening the catalog up enough to see dead skinned kitties. And that's something you can't un-see.

Anyhoo, it seemed like, while not the greatest of fates in the world for cats, better than some. They have a gentler death than many kitties, and their bodies are used for science. And at least some of that science benefits us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home