Monday, May 10, 2010

War

When I was in high school one of the boys I knew liked to tease that he had a thing for me. He signed my yearbook "My love for you is a vast field of flowers. You'd look great riding behind me on a motorcycle." He was really into plants and said he dreamed of creating a beautiful rose garden for his future wife.

Fast-forward nearly 20 years later and he's a career military man, off to a new deployment. We're FB friends and I just looked through an album of aerial shots of the Iraq countryside, which is actually quite lovely, despite the helicopter-mounted machine gun in the foreground.

:(.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Thursday said...

May his dreams of creating a rose garden keep him going whilst deployed. May he create that garden some day.

2:27 AM, May 11, 2010

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Indeed. Thank you, Thursday.

10:08 PM, May 11, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home