Monday, May 03, 2010

Aquapocalypse Now

I made the ill-fated decision to not wash my dishes on Thursday night or Friday morning because I was exhausted on Thursday and needed to do many, many things before 1 PM Friday, including be in line for the Dub-Dub rummage sale.

I will provide a full account of my Dub-Dub finds at a later date, though I must mention a sweet eggbeater patented in the U.S. on my birthday but in 1922. It is spectacular. When you see it you will think "America, fuck yeah!" Just like the good old days.

But I digress. Friday after rummaging I spent five hours with two rambunctious children, one of whom required perhaps five minutes of break time before getting up and running around and screaming some more; during that break time she sat in my lap and smooshed my cheeks in her hands while I made fish noises and tried to lick her. She is still at the age where this makes her giggle uncontrollably. When PolackPappy offers me his hand and says "kiss the ring" and I lick it instead he does not giggle.

Saturday I awoke to spend two more hours with the holy terrors of cuteness before cousin B showed up for our second hike. He and I and OSB climbed Monadnock. It was in the 90's. I sweated a lot.

When I arrived home at 7 PM there was an apartment full of hot and a sink full of dishes and a message on my answering machine informing me I needed to boil any and all drinking/cooking water. Grrrreeeaat. Then I found out online I needed to rinse my dishes in a bleach solution.

Long story longer, I had to boil water, clean and disinfect my mop bucket, then wash my dishes in batches because my mop bucket's not that big.

Anyhoo, Walnut was kind enough to buy me dinner tonight so I didn't have to wash any dishes, and there's iced coffee the next town over, and then next town over is a five-minute walk away. In other McPolack news, I am at the start of another incredibly busy week.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand that is all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home