Monday, February 07, 2011

Pudding

The rice pudding turned out pretty well. I'm very close with the proportions I picked, and I managed not to burn it on the bottom, which is one thing that used to annoy me about the Babcia's rice pudding. I have to say, though, I'm not one for "improving" on recipes - it drives me crazy when people have to put their stink all over everything.

Anyhoo, this weekend I cooked a lot of sausage, and also felt trapped. The sausage was for a friend and then for a bunch of homeless men. The trapped feeling came from this endless winter. There was heavy equipment on my street for 12 hours on Saturday, removing snow. This was much-needed and I was very grateful, but I couldn't really go anywhere in my car. Then when I woke up on Sunday (after spending an hour venting my frustration by hacking at the sidewalk ice with the crap-ass snow shovel the landlord provided) the entire driveway was three inches thick with ice. I decided to go to yoga after having not gone to yoga for more than a month because I haven't any money, but I stupidly went out the side door instead of the front and soon found myself having to crouch down on my haunches and slide to the bottom of the driveway.

Some guy walking down the street laughed at me and then said I should probably remove the ice. Really? Thanks, asshole.

As you can see, I was in desperate need of yoga.

Later, I meditated, using an online meditation timer, but the "chime" they used to let you know when your time's up was a really loud gong. It was like a fat Japanese guy in a diaper crept up next to me while I was sitting, held his breath, swung his mallet, and "GOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home