Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Museum quality

The LNFU natural history museum, which I have long admired, has been undergoing a lot of renovations recently, and the department I work for is next. I was invited to attend the initial planning meeting for what to put in the exhibit. I was told I didn't need to attend if I didn't want to. Of course I attended. I will be sad to see the trio of weirdly named fish make their exit - farewell sergeant major, pudding-wife, and slippery dick! - but who wouldn't want to work on a museum exhibit? I do have to be careful not to overstep my bounds, however.  I have no scientific degree. I have no museum degree.

But what I do have is enthusiasm and creativity and a layperson's perspective. Yesterday when we were looking at what's currently on display, a middle-schooler came up to me and asked if we were examiners. Which in a sense we were.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Thursday said...

For your enthusiasm, creativity and layperson's perspective, you absolutely must be there!

2:33 PM, February 14, 2012

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Thank you Thursday!

10:39 AM, March 14, 2012

 

Post a Comment

<< Home