Tuesday, January 10, 2006

TV or blog...tv or blog...

...tv or blog.

That is the dilemma I face at the moment. I guess I have chosen blog, though with one eye on the tv. Gilmore Girls is back from reruns and while it's no Buffy I still kinda like it. Then at 9 it's part two of Frontline's Country Boys, an engrossing, sad documentary about two teenage boys in Appalachia. I don't know when I'm going to wash the dishes even.

In other McPolack news, I got the best desk ever, for forty bucks. My German friend sold it to me as she bought a place with her boyfriend and no longer needs it. It's big -- like 4' 8" by 2 and a half feet or so, and I think it might be oak. The veneer in the front is chipping off a bit in one place, and it's got stains and I couldn't screw a couple of screws in but this baby's got character. This is a desk where important things get done.

And I am excited to do important things on it.

I also kind of want to give it a name. But more on that later. Back to the tv!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous bitter joe said...

psssttt...


write a book.

9:25 PM, January 10, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with bitter joe. this is your chance to out-Frey James Frey.

i know it's in you. i know how beautifully you write.

so... what do you say?

cb
co-president of the mcpolack fan club

9:59 PM, January 10, 2006

 
Anonymous bitter joe said...

well, you don't need to out-frey frey, or write another version knapp's book.

those things do make up part of who you are, but you are capable of writing a book of more substance than just that.

intelligent, insightful and razor-sharp wit... you can write about demoulas and shaving and have a bestseller!

9:15 AM, January 11, 2006

 
Blogger Contagious said...

Speaking of "razors" you can write the story of the "scouts" and the trials and tribulations they faced as they looked for new territory settle!

4:55 PM, January 11, 2006

 
Blogger Cuarentayuno said...

Write about your experience working where I work.
Your old boss will be played by Linda Hunt. The HR demon will be played by Divine's Corpse.

5:25 PM, January 11, 2006

 
Blogger Cuarentayuno said...

I seem to have forgotten that if you write the book, the movie will soon follow, hence the cast members I mention.

5:26 PM, January 11, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Thanks, guys. I mean, really, sincerely, thank you. It means a lot to me to hear these things especially now where my ability to make a dollar or even a dime at times seems sorely lacking.

I do want to write a book. I think I actually might need to write a book.

And when they make a movie of it I think I should be played by Drew Barrymore.

6:49 PM, January 11, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to be played by that intercom that played charlie in the old "charlie's angels."

cb

6:54 PM, January 11, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

I think that is an excellent idea.

7:38 PM, January 11, 2006

 
Anonymous bitter joe said...

but who can i be?

:(

9:15 PM, January 11, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Grizzly Adams!

: )

9:30 PM, January 11, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home