Tuesday, January 10, 2006

TV or blog...tv or blog...

...tv or blog.

That is the dilemma I face at the moment. I guess I have chosen blog, though with one eye on the tv. Gilmore Girls is back from reruns and while it's no Buffy I still kinda like it. Then at 9 it's part two of Frontline's Country Boys, an engrossing, sad documentary about two teenage boys in Appalachia. I don't know when I'm going to wash the dishes even.

In other McPolack news, I got the best desk ever, for forty bucks. My German friend sold it to me as she bought a place with her boyfriend and no longer needs it. It's big -- like 4' 8" by 2 and a half feet or so, and I think it might be oak. The veneer in the front is chipping off a bit in one place, and it's got stains and I couldn't screw a couple of screws in but this baby's got character. This is a desk where important things get done.

And I am excited to do important things on it.

I also kind of want to give it a name. But more on that later. Back to the tv!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

psssttt...


write a book.

9:25 PM, January 10, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with bitter joe. this is your chance to out-Frey James Frey.

i know it's in you. i know how beautifully you write.

so... what do you say?

cb
co-president of the mcpolack fan club

9:59 PM, January 10, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, you don't need to out-frey frey, or write another version knapp's book.

those things do make up part of who you are, but you are capable of writing a book of more substance than just that.

intelligent, insightful and razor-sharp wit... you can write about demoulas and shaving and have a bestseller!

9:15 AM, January 11, 2006

 
Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

Write about your experience working where I work.
Your old boss will be played by Linda Hunt. The HR demon will be played by Divine's Corpse.

5:25 PM, January 11, 2006

 
Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

I seem to have forgotten that if you write the book, the movie will soon follow, hence the cast members I mention.

5:26 PM, January 11, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Thanks, guys. I mean, really, sincerely, thank you. It means a lot to me to hear these things especially now where my ability to make a dollar or even a dime at times seems sorely lacking.

I do want to write a book. I think I actually might need to write a book.

And when they make a movie of it I think I should be played by Drew Barrymore.

6:49 PM, January 11, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to be played by that intercom that played charlie in the old "charlie's angels."

cb

6:54 PM, January 11, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

I think that is an excellent idea.

7:38 PM, January 11, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but who can i be?

:(

9:15 PM, January 11, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Grizzly Adams!

: )

9:30 PM, January 11, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home