Wednesday, July 05, 2006

So a Mc, a McPolack, a hound dog, a Welsh corgi, and a bitchy orange cat walk into a studio apartment...

...tomorrow is Dr. Moo's 28th birthday and as she is alone in Vermont save her pets McMumsy is traveling, with Chauncey, the corgi/fat stick-o-butter, to take her to dinner and spend the night in her wee apartment, driving her to a garage to get her car fixed the next morning.

It will be my turn to drive the Moo somewhere in August, when we go to Canada for her Lasix surgery. (This is nothing like going to Mexico for a liver, I promise.) I asked her if we were going to have a Scent of a Woman sort of trip, one in which Dr. Moo, blind as a bat, drives her Subaru willy-nilly through the streets of Montreal while I hang onto the OhJesus handle and shout directions in both English and French.

She said no, but that I will have to entertain her while she sits in the dark with pads on her eyes for four hours. After that, though, I can leave to explore Montreal while she stays in the hotel room and does the Stevie Wonder thing.

Anyhoo. Happy birthday, little sis! You're unique and wonderful and I love you very, very much.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home