Wednesday, June 28, 2006

There's a new kid in town...

Cousin Molls had her baby, a boy, at 2:30 this morning. TMW weighed in at 8 lbs some-odd ounces (I went and erased the message from McMumsy).

I remember hanging out around the dining room table at Grammy's house with Molls and our cousin J, playing I Doubt It, which you college drinkers will recall as Bullshit, and hanging out with her in Grammy's clawfoot bathtub soaking in a Calgon-take-me-away bubblebath after watching Good Times while eating our Swansons fried chicken tv dinners on fab flowered metal tv trays while Grammy smoked her unfiltered Camels and read the paper. Then we'd eat ice cream sundaes and sleep in the big bed in the front bedroom.

Sniff. I can't believe she's a mom. I know she'll be a good one.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home