Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Well, my breasts are verrrrrrry popular in Southie

On my walk back to the Andrews T stop from a fab barbq (more on that in a bit) I passed by a couple of old men outside a packy who remarked after I'd walked by "Now that's a pretty lady." Then on the next block a younger man, a revolting younger man in dirty jeans and untied cowboy boots (and this is according to L because I didn't look at him because I feared what was coming) stared right at my breasts and sloooooooooooooooooooooooowly licked his lips, all the way around.

Eeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww.

It's partly my own fault though for wearing a tata shirt.

But back to the bar b q. It was hosted by the woman who went with me to Louis Boston last December and her husband. They are, in a word, fabulous. They're both gorgeous and talented and interesting and lovely and very, very cool. They own a beautiful row house in Southie, with four lovely floors, a deck, and a patio, and they can cook.

And when I say cook I mean that they turned out the most delicious pork chops, hot dogs, shrimp, and chicken off the grill that I have ever, ever tasted. Ever.

And did I mention the pie? Oh my, the pie. MC is sending me the crust recipe.

The only disappointment of the evening was that my cake, which was modern and sleek and simple and the most beautiful shade of pink and for which I walked to three stores in gross heat to get ingredients for, was utterly outdone by one of their neighbors who fucking went and baked this. The only three tiny slices taken out of my cake were by me, the host, and one of the lovely women writers I met. To all the other guests, and especially to the one who outbaked me, I have two words for you and they are SUCK and IT.

Harumph.

But MC snuck me a porkchop in a plastic bag to take home and I only embarrassed myself once, by telling her (aye yi yi) that I had thought I had been dropped from her list of friends (you see, we'd had this conversation about how awkward it is to drop friends and after that she didn't call me for, well, until now, so I thought...). Anyway, I also met some great and interesting people and I was so glad that L came along and even though I'm mad about my cake I overall give the day two thumbs up.

And my belly, if it had thumbs, would do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home