Thursday, August 10, 2006

I Need Help

I just changed my clothes five times to return books (The Dead Beat and Nature Noir) and movies (The Bourne Supremacy and Murderball) to the library. See, I’m a wee bit hot for one of the librarians. He looks like Matthew McConaughey, if Matthew McConaughey never worked out or ate much or went in the sun and had blonder hair and a beard.

He’s just cute, OK? And I’ve had the natural McPolack reaction: I almost cannot talk to him. Today I looked at him sideways a couple of times and stood sort of near him while perusing the DVD carousel but couldn’t even bring myself to stand in his line of sight. Jesus Christ Almighty, am I shy.

Anyhoo I also am harboring secret fantasies that the older librarian wants to fix us up, because the last time I was there, he went on a break the second I stepped up to the desk, so that the cute one could check my stuff out, and I swear he blushed when I told him I was standing far away from the desk because I’d just come from the gym and didn’t want to be all up his face with my b.o. Which totally means he likes me, right?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I met one of my boyfriends while I worked at a bookstore. He used to come in A LOT to browse (later he admitted to even having a path he would walk to be able to check around to see if I was working and also found the best place to stand to watch me on the register without me knowing). Anyway...I noticed him too and since he seemed to be very shy himself, one day I just took the bull by the horns and talked to him - I mean I was a sales clerk in a bookstore! It was totally natural for me to ask if he needed any help...and that was it. We dated for 2 years.

My point? Ask him to help you find a book....

8:58 PM, August 10, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, that totally means he likes you.

I agree with ctale - hell, get the man to display his abilities in his job! You might find he's a complete dork and you can cross him off. What happened to the cute guy at the cafe?

4:32 AM, August 11, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

I think talking to him is a good idea because I did have an incident where I met an attractive man only to have him open his mouth and turn out to be a grade-A weirdo but by then he already had my number, which I had offered to him, and when he called me up I had to tell him I didn't want to see him. Ugh.

I haven't seen cafe man in awhile. I think he might not work there anymore.

7:02 AM, August 11, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cafe man - bummer. All the more reason to pursue t'other.

12:06 PM, August 13, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home