Thursday, August 03, 2006

Sweaty

Yesterday was a loooooooooooong day. Spent the morning in court, performing my service as a juror, and sweating, because the building is such a piece of shiat that the AC doesn't work well and of course this was the hottest day of the summer.

Luckily nearly all of us were let go early and apologized to by a judge for the crappy courthouse. Then it ws off to the gym then home for lunch then to the transcription office then to Alison's for grilled fish and fruit salad where I saw FancyNancy, who I hadn't seen in awhile.

Anyhoo, I came home tired and the day felt long as opposed to interesting. Listened to more women with fancy educations and a golden ticket in terms of their careers talk with a confidence about themselves I have never had and I wondered -- how will they handle it if their life goes awry? Then I wondered -- at a certain level of finance/education (Brooke Astor aside), is life just that much easier? Or do you have a whole host of other problems and a life spent living inside a pretty bone china box with the lid glued shut?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home