Monday, July 24, 2006

McTired

I come from a family of nappers. Polackpappy enjoys a daily snooze on his big green leather sofa; McMumsy likes to close her bedroom door for an hour or so in the afternoon; even Dr. Moo on visits home can be found face down and snoring during the day.

Now this tendency towards nappage is something I wrestle with. I took a nap today, despite the fact that it meant that I definitely won't get to side two of the tape I am transcribing, because I was so pooped from going to bed late and then getting up early to see cuarentayuno off that I was typing the wrong words and practically drooling on the keyboard. I took a little more than an hour and I feel fine. The kitty even came in to join me.

But there are other days when a nap is like a chocolate bar for me. Tantalizing but unnecessary. These are the days when I have a lot to do and I'm not really that tired but a nice 20 to 45 minute stretch just sounds delicious. As I work (always!) towards becoming a more productive and self-sufficient adult, I have to fight my need to stick my hands in the sleepy jar.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Stick my hands in the sleepy jar" - what a fabulous phrase. I too sometimes draw the curtains of an afternoon.

6:38 AM, July 25, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home