Wednesday, July 12, 2006

You Learn Something New Every Day

So an awareness of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute has come into my life recently and I thought I would share it, because I didn't realize that such a place existed, nor that its funding was second only to that of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation's. That HH, as we all know, was one crazy cracker, and yet the fact that he was a nutball has not stopped his money from being put to some pretty good postmortem use. Just yesterday I discovered in Institute's involvement in stem cell research (as I am doing a bit of research on stem cell research myself) and then last night, still in the mood for science, I found the Institute had funded this PBS program on string theory.

The world is a very curious place, it is, it is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

"...still in the mood for science..."

That line really endears me to you for some reason.

:)

10:08 PM, July 12, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home