Thursday, July 06, 2006

I was just thinking...

...after getting off the phone with one friend, who called to tell me the news that another friend had been laid off and would have to leave the country, news I found out last week but was asked not to share with her (and didn't) about the idea of information as currency. Over the years, I've learned a lot of things that, unlike the story I shared above, I can never, ever tell. At first I thought it was like money in your mattress, thousands of dollars, that you can never spend. But I guess it's really more that you become more valuable as a person because of the higher level at which you can be trusted.

I don't know. I am a terrible gossip, that is for sure. But when it comes right down to it, I am (mostly) the sort of person you can trust with just about anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home