Sunday, July 09, 2006

Score!

On my way back from the gym this morning (I am working this weekend but as it is the weekend I'm not getting started until 11 a.m.) I discovered, just two houses down from mine, two really great, really sturdy solid wood chairs painted to look like cows. A gift from the sidewalk furniture gods that fits perfectly with the McPolack early-to-mid whack-a-doo style.

And not only do they look fabulous, they apparently smell fabulous, too, as my little kitty, Miss Daphne-Moon, has been crawling all over one of them and doing that weird sniffy thing where she half-opens her mouth.

My apartment is made up of many such deals. Last month, I found a mint-condition solid wood folding bookcase on the street. I folded it up and took it home. My dining room table, coffee table, and microwave table with stools came with the apartment. Friends donated a second bookcase, a night table, and a chair to go with the desk I got for 40 dollars. I got a futon for free from a couple I met at a party. On top of my TV is the top part of a self-leveling chicken waterer from the 1930's that was dug up from OSB's backyard during a construction job.

I am all about the free.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gil Martinez, RGD said...

There's more where that came from if you let me store some suitcases at your place in preparation of my move. That way, I can sell my car without wondering how I'll bring everything to Boston the day I leave. Have you dressers?

12:24 AM, July 10, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Hey c,

You can bring anything you want, babs. And I actually do need a dresser!

I've got an attic and a cellar, along with floor space for temporary storage. Just let me know when you'll be coming.

6:40 AM, July 10, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home