Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Testing

I had my ADD visit today. Two solid hours of going over my life. There's a lot I don't like to talk about and, well, we talked about it. I scored pretty high on the attention side of ADHD (now everyone is ADHD but with a tendency towards an attention deficit or else hyperactivity and I have the former) and also have had depression and anxiety issues, but the latter two could also have been caused by what the person I talked to termed "significant childhood trauma."

Anyhoo some components of ADHD include high sensitivity and disorganization. And I am going back to get a brain scan just after my 33rd birthday in October.

In other McPolack news, the place the center is in, Sudbury, is just a gorgeous area, and I went to a wonderful farm stand on my way home that was filled with fresh, beautiful vegetables and angry housewives. It was like Vermont but with bitches. Then I came home and made a homemade pizza that turned out like crap and also ate some Ben and Jerrys which probably won't help my fat ass but at least I didn't pig out.

And tomorrow I am off to the Indian firm!

So many adventures...

4 Comments:

Blogger Regina said...

I was thinking about you going for you test today. Sounds like you handled it well even though the process is, to say the least, unpleasant. Be thankful that your initial testing was only 2 hours. The self discovery aspect is definitely worth it, but I didn't have to have a brain scan,(which to my chicken ass) sounds uber-scary.

You're braver than I and you must have health insurance.

10:28 PM, August 29, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, interesting ...

4:44 AM, August 30, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

I have no insurance and also no money. My mom is paying for it. I intend to pay her back.

And the brain scan thing -- I don't think they drill a hole in my head or anything freaky like that. They just stick things on it and take a picture. Or maybe someone puts their hands on my head and sings "Brain sucker...dying of starvation!"

Although if they do that I'm getting my mother her money back.

5:05 PM, August 30, 2006

 
Blogger Regina said...

Gotta love the bank of Mom and Dad. I've no idea where I'd be without the NC branch of that establishment. Does that make me a bad person? That's pondering for another blog post for sure.

As for the brain sucker comment - classic.

8:48 PM, August 30, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home