Friday, August 25, 2006

Updates

I realized I am acting like the news. I give you a story and then don't give the outcome. But not anymore!

On the do I/don't I wear my glasses to the wedding of my little brother: I will wear them in the ceremony but not for the pics. I told the bride she said she's OK either way so it's possible I was reading the sitch wrong but whatevs, it's all good.

On the new gig: I called my US contact a bit after 8 and he made a call and I heard from someone from India five minutes later and then spoke with an Indian woman in Texas at an outsourcing company that handles contracts and forms for the main company in India. Go, globalization, go! I still have not signed any contracts, though. There was some weirdness around taxes where I was asked if I wanted to go with a 1040 which would require me purchasing a million dollars in coverage in auto, home, health, and some other insurances.

Um, hello? I do not think so. Turns out I can also do a W-2, but this seemed to cause some sort of an issue that is being resolved at the company.

Anyhoo I am not going to wig out. The Indian woman I spoke with in Texas was just delightful. I've also had an offer from a friend who works with some Indian folks and he said they'd be happy to give me advice. I'm off on another adventure!

On the boyfriend front: Still don't have one.
On the kitty front: She's great, thanks for asking.

Feel free to ask for any other updates you might want and I'll do my best to get them to you.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anything from the ADD Center place yet?

7:17 AM, August 26, 2006

 
Blogger McPolack said...

Nothing yet - I go on Tuesday.

9:47 PM, August 26, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home