Monday, August 21, 2006

Kicky

From the files of Dr. Moo...

So cows can kick like horses and you probably all knew that. But what you may not know (I didn't) is that when a cow kicks, she does so in sort of a roundhouse fashion, kicking her leg out to the side and swinging it back. So trying to avoid being kicked by not standing behind the cow doesn't really work. Also if you're sitting on a three-legged milking stool, you're not safe.

Recently, Dr. Moo was prepping for a surgery on a particularly surly cow when the farmer who owned the cow asked her if she needed any help. Moo told the vet that unless he was willing to stand in and get kicked for her at a point early on in the surgery, there wasn't much he could do.

Well, the farmer offered to stand in and the cow kicked him in the balls and sent him flying across the barn. He sat there for a minute. Moo didn't really know what to do and she didn't want to make him uncomfortable by calling attention to the ball kicking so she said "Well, I'm going to do the surgery now" and turned her attention back to the cow while the farmer limped away.

UPDATE**UPDATE
So apparently I had my facts wrong. From Dr. Moo:

Also, self proclaimed good listener, the kicking story did not involve a surgery cow. It was a cow with a sore hind foot. I had to hoist it up with some pulleys but I could hardly get near her because she was acting insane. The random guy on the farm I had never seenbefore (field hand maybe?) hoisted it up for me and got kicked in the process. I said "thanks" and then started working on the foot.

She did say I am a good listener when it counts.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home