Tuesday, October 10, 2006

In which I am utterly surprised and pleased almost beyond the telling of it...

So it turns out I was not going to A's tonight to babysit and meet a cute man (although I did meet a cute man). I was going there for my first surprise birthday party, ever. About 10 people who are former coworkers (and friends) from the large 'n fancy consulting firm I worked at over a year ago now got together. The wee girlie I watch picked me out flowers. Two friends made me a beautiful pair of earrings and a necklace. Another pair got me a gift certificate to Dali, a swell restaurant in Cambridge. I got a card that says "Forget years, forget calories. If you must count something, count friends...That'll keep you busy." I got a silk scarf. And someone baked me a three-layer carrot cake.

Forgive me my verklemptness, but I feel really blessed and loved. Just yesterday I was saying to Dr. Moo that I don't have anyone to throw me a birthday party, and while it's not the end of the world, it makes me a little blue.

It turns out there are a lot of people out there who want to throw me a party. One of my birthday cards even sent me well wishes in three languages.

*happy sniffles* (and again apologies for the mushiness)
Yay! I feel further ready to face the world and give right back to it all the love it has given me.
: )

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home